Water Chestnuts, also known as Singhara in some places, are a variety of fruits or vegetables that grow in marshes, muds, or shallow waters. These are widely used in Thai and Chinese dishes.
Crispy water chestnuts are very popular all over the world because this fruit remains crisp even after cooking. It can be eaten in many ways. Click here to know more about water chestnuts.
Water Chestnuts are native to tropical Africa, Australia, and islands of the Pacific and the Indian Ocean. This fruit is similar to a nut but it is not. It can be consumed raw, boiled, baked, fried, or even in curries.
Image source: Google
Some benefits of Water chestnuts:-
1) It acts as a supplement to counter the heat during summers and also proves a great coolant for our body.
2) It is a rich source of antioxidants. It curbs the development of various chronic diseases and helps to prevent oxidative stress.
3) It is a great source of potassium that helps to lower blood pressure.
4) It is a good source of fiber and has very less count of calories that means it is not responsible for weight gain rather it helps to reduce weight.
5) This fruit also helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Water chestnuts have very powerful advantages as they are a rich source of nutrition that is vital for the body’s growth. We must add this nutritious fruit to our diet to reap its health benefits.